You can travel on the local bus with an OV-chipkaart or OVpay
(check in an oud with your contactless debit card, credit card or mobile) or with a separate journey ticket (for sale by the driver). You travel in the local bus for a fixed price per ride. A single journey with an OV-chipcard/OVpay costs € 2.05. A separate ticket that you pin at the driver costs € 3.00 for a single ride. Children up to 3 years old travel for free.
Are you traveling with a ticket?
- The local bus ticket is valid on all local buses, for 1 journey*.
- A neighborhood bus can be recognized by the line number between 500 and 599?
Are you traveling with your OV chip card? Then the following conditions apply:
- Do you travel on balance and do you not have a subscription? Or do you travel by OVpay (check in and out with your contactless debit card, credit card or mobile)? You travel on the local bus at a fixed rate, namely € 2.05 per ride. No boarding fee is charged and no age discount is applied.
- All OV-chipkaart products that are valid in our regular bus also apply to the local bus. The free travel and discount products are therefore also valid on the local bus lines. The discount is calculated on the normal kilometer rate. The boarding rate is calculated the age discount is also applied. View here the current kilometer rate and boarding rate.
- A Syntus Utrecht Ster abonnement is also valid on local bus lines within the zone area. For the part of the journey outside the zone area, travel is on credit and the fixed fare of € 2.05 applies. The student OV-chipkaart are also valid on the local bus lines. The discount is applied to the normal fare. Outside the period of validity (during peak hours for StudentWeekend) you travel on balance and the fixed rate of € 2.05 applies. Traveling on balance gives transfer rights when transferring from a local bus line to a regular line, i.e. no boarding fee is charged for the second journey.
- It is also possible to travel on the local bus with your travel on account product on the OV-chipkaart (such as NS Flex). The ride will then be settled with your monthly invoice, so you do not need to have a balance on your card for this. You will then pay the basic rate + kilometer rate instead of the fixed rate of € 2.05 for this ride.
*Also valid up to and including the Vrijheidslaan/Straatweg stop in Breukelen when transferring from local bus 524 to line 120.
For anyone who to travel by local bus.
The local bus ticket can be purchased from the local bus driver. You pay with pin or credit card.
|Ticket local bus
||Like a regular bus
Click here for our customer service.